3:46 PM Posted by Martha A Cheves
Pepsi Chicken Barbecue
(From Sharon Ray’s BBQ Chicken Recipes Cookbook)
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Marinating time: 8 hours
Cooking time: 15 minutes
2 Lbs. chicken – boned and skinless
3 c. Pepsi 1
1/ 2 tsp. garlic
2 tsp... Rice vinegar
2 tbsp. Smokey paprika
2 tsp. salt
1 1/ 2 tsp. ground cayenne pepper
1 tsp. onion powder
1 tsp. sugar
1 c. brown sugar
1 1/ 2 tbsp. kosher salt
1 tbsp. Garlic powder
1 tbsp. Smokey paprika
1 tbsp. cayenne pepper
1 1/ 2 tsp. onion powder
1. Prepare the marinade. Simply mix all the spices together.
2. Put it in a re-sealable plastic bag. Add the chicken and then add in the Pepsi and rice vinegar. 3. Refrigerate and marinate for at least 8 hours, turning the chicken occasionally.
4. Prepare the dry rub. Simply combine all the dry rub ingredients together.
5. Take out the chicken and rub the spices on the chicken.
6. Grill for about 6 to 8 minutes or until the chicken is firm and the juice runs clear.
7. Serve along with potato salad and marinated cucumber, if preferred.
BBQ Chicken Recipes - Review by Martha A. Cheves, Author of Stir, Laugh, Repeat; Think With Your Taste Buds; A book and A Dish
I seldom eat red meat but live off chicken and fish so this book was right up my alley. The recipes included in BBQ Chicken Recipes – the Best BBQ and Grilled Chicken Recipes allow it to live up to its name. The one above has to be my favorite. The chicken comes out juicy and tender. It is seasoned just a bit ‘hot’ for me but I can always cut down the cayenne pepper in the marinade and dry rub.
Another favorite is the Oven Steamed BBQ Chicken Quarters with Sweet & Tangy Sauce. The chicken cooked with onions and lemon made a beautiful blend but it’s the sauce that got me. A mixture of vinegar and mustard mixed with onions, garlic, Worcestershire sauce and chili powder and topped off with tomato puree and apricot preserves to give it the perfect blend of sweet and tangy. And those are just two of the delicious recipes that I’ve had a chance to try, so far. Next I want to try Grilled Chicken Quesadillas and the BBQ Chicken with Easy BBQ sauce. This one sounds like something that could become a quick go to dish on the grill when needed.
So, if you like chicken as much as I do and love yours cooked on the grill or even in the oven, this is a must have book for your own kitchen. I’m sure enjoying mine.